Go Behind The Scenes at New York’s New Legoland Theme Park
It's happening: New York State's very own Legoland. If your kids are anything like mine, they're going to be excited to pay a visit to the new park.
Legoland New York is scheduled to open in 2020, in the town of Goshen - near Poughkeepsie. SecretNY posted what they know about the park on their website, along with a virtual tour Legoland posted. "Only 60 miles from the city, the Legoland theme park will have rides unique to this location as well as a Miniland that depicts NYC’s ever-changing skyline with new buildings you won’t find at other Legoland Parks."
Here's what we know:
- The "First To Play" passes will go on sale this month, with hotel reservation available at the end of the summer - according to Legoland's Facebook page.
- The 150-acre park will be open seasonally, from April to November
- The park will have a 250-room hotel.
- There will be 50 rides for kids to enjoy.
- There will also be a Legoland Factory.
According to the Legoland Facebook page, the park is designed for kids from 2-12 years old, so even the youngest Lego fans can enjoy the experience.
Check out the virtual tour:
While the hotel and grounds are not complete in New York (and probably covered in snow) here are some pictures from the California park, to give you a hint of what things could look like in New York.