Week-Long Fun Happening in Little Falls for Their Canal Celebration
Enjoy live music, delicious food, a parade, shopping, carnival games and rides, and more during the 31st annual Canal Celebration in Little Falls.
It's going to be a VERY busy week in Little Falls, with their Canal Celebration going on now through Sunday, August 12th. Each day of the event will see tons of activities and things-to-do throughout different areas of Little Falls, from free hamburgers and hot dogs at the Rotary Park on Wednesday to Squirrel Murphy performing at the American Legion on Sunday. Of course there are MANY other activities going on between those two events, like the fireworks show on Wednesday, the farmer's market on Saturday, tours at the historical society, a fishing derby, a book sale, a pageant, the midway with rides and games, and so, SO much more. Seriously, the list of activities for the Canal Celebration is HUGE. Which is a great thing! It means if you're looking for something fun to do during this week and/or this weekend, you're sure to find something for everyone in your family in Little Falls.
Alright, so we named quite a few things going on (above), but we're going to give you the highlights for each day. The things we think you should definitely make some time out for...
TUESDAY: AUGUST 7TH
- Merchant sidewalk sales and special celebration promotions
- Art exhibit (all week) at the Mohawk Valley Center for the Arts at Canal Place
WEDNESDAY: AUGUST 8TH
- Community picnic at Rotary Park at 5pm
- The Pine Ridge Mountain Band ft. Bob Wilman 6pm-9pm at Rotary Park
- Thunder on the River Fireworks Show at 9pm
THURSDAY: AUGUST 9TH
- Fishing derby at Rotary Park starting at 4pm (registration starts at 3pm)
- Book sale at the Little Falls Public Library from 9am-8pm
- The "Double Dog Dare 2 Mile Mountain Bike/Trail Run" at 5:30pm
FRIDAY: AUGUST 10TH
- The carnival with rides and games at Eastern Park starting at 4pm
- Grand Parade down Main Street and Albany Street at 6pm
- A basketball shooting competition at 7pm in downtown (no pre-registration required)
- Block Party starting at 7pm by Ed's Pizza
SATURDAY: AUGUST 11TH
- "Yoga in the Park" at 9am at Eastern Park
- Craft and flea market at Canal Place with vendors, entertainment and food, from 10am-5pm
- Farmer's market at the M&T Bank Parking Lot from 8am-12pm
- Whiskey Creek plays on the deck at the Little Falls Elk's Lodge starting at 7pm
SUNDAY: AUGUST 12TH
- Family-friendly carnival at Eastern Park all day
- China Pig performs at Eastern Park starting at 2pm
- The Antique and Classic Car Show at Western Park from 8am-12pm
- Squirrel Murphy plays at the American Legion from 4:30pm-8:30pm
Of course, that's not everything going on. You can get a full schedule of events and keep up to date on the latest news on Little Falls' Canal Celebration, by visiting: LittleFallsNY.com/CanalDays or you can always find the latest information on the Little Falls Canal Celebration Facebook Page.