Little Falls Grad Likely Died of Exposure in Sub-Zero Vermont Air
Exposure to sub-zero temperatures, exacerbated by acute intoxication is what police in Burlington, VT say likely killed 19-year-old Connor Gage.
The Little Falls native was found unresponsive in a parking lot and in frigid air on Saturday morning. Police believe Gage - who was Freshman at the University of Vermont - had attended frat parties Friday and into Saturday.
Gage left the fraternity party around 12:45 a.m., and surveillance footage showed him about 20 minutes later entering the parking lot in which he was later found dead, police said.
"That surveillance footage shows Connor to be alone, inadequately dressed, and moving in ways consistent with intoxication and/or hypothermia," the news release stated.
Police have said Gage was 'stopped' by a fence while walking through the lot, and that he was not dressed to be in such conditions. He wasn't found until the next morning and could not be resuscitated.
While authorities have conducted an autopsy on Gage, reports say toxicology results won't be back for a few weeks.
Meanwhile, the University of Vermont says police and the school are investigating the circumstances that led to Gage's tragic death and have suspended all fraternity activities until further notice.