Own a Horse Farm in Upstate NY For Just $150 and a Winning Essay
Wanna an (almost) free house? A family in Upstate NY has lived in their home for 18 years - and they're ready to move. Instead of selling - they're giving away their house.
It sounds too good to be true - but it isn't. Tim and Maggie Lott are ready to retire and move, but haven't been able to find a seller for their Victorian home, located in Corning, NY. Instead they've decided to give it away to the person who writes the best essay and pays the $150 entry fee. All of the entries will go to the lawyer in charge of the contest, and a panel of judges will determine the winner.
According to the homeowners, the house is solid, and only in need if cosmetic repairs if you so desire. It comes with 5 acres of land.
- Entrants must pay the $150 entry.
- Must include an essay on the following subject: What owning a 5 acre farm property would mean to me, us and/or my family.
- The essay should be typed, and at least 500 words, but no more than 1000.
- All entries MUST BE RECEIVED BY July 1, 2019. We recommend postmarked no later than June 24, 2019 in order for your entry to be counted by the July 1, 2019 deadline.
- Winner will be selected by July 31, 2019.
Odds of winning are 1 in 2500 - if more than 2500 entries are received, your odds will be slightly less.
What do you think? Will you enter?