Top Ways to Celebrate ‘National Joe Day’ in Central New York
If your name is Joe, your day has come. Wednesday, March 27th is National Joe Day, in honor of everyone named Joe or Jo, Joette, Joey, Joseph, Josephine, Johanna, Joann, Jodie--any variant of the name.
The picture above features two prominent "Joes" from the Utica-Rome area. New York State Senator Joe Griffo (red shirt) and Utica mayoral hopeful Joe Marino (grey slacks) are familiar faces in these parts. But they aren't the only big-time Joes we could honor--and there are some other creative ways we could observe National Joe Day. Here are a few ideas:
- Listen to the radio. We suggest calling us on Lite 98.7 and requesting a Joe Jonas song OR tuning in Utica-Rome radio legend Genesee Joe Trisolino.
- Write Senator Joe Griffo a letter to support his efforts or just to ask him question. Here's all the contact info for Joe.
- Find out more about Utica Councilman Joe Marino's run for Utica mayor here on Joe's Facebook page.
- Follow former Vice President Joe Biden's decision on a potential run for President. He has info and he's selling swag here on his website.
- Eat some Utica Greens, a local delicacy popularized at Chesterfield Restaurant in the 1980s by Joe Morelle. Or go try the delicious Steak Morelle, currently being served in his honor at Tavolo in North Utica.
- With so many great coffee shops in the Mohawk Valley, it would be a great day to go share a cup of joe with friends.
Do you have a special "Joe" in your life who deserves recognition? Drop us a note and tell us a quick story.