Archie’s Easy Super Bowl Party Recipes
The big game is just a couple weeks away and that means Super Bowl parties - which means friends and great eating!
Even if you're not a football fan, chances are you know somebody who is, and chances are better that you know a great recipe that suits watching football all day.
Every year while my friends are gathering in my living room on Super Sunday, I spend about half an hour making two simple yet satisfying dishes.
1. Easy crock pot 'Super Bowl Dip'
What you will need:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large jar salsa - (I use medium, but you can use whatever level of spice you prefer)
- 1 large jar salsa con queso - (same rules apply for how spicy you want it)
- 1 package real bacon bits (I use the Oscar Mayer brand in the yellow package)
To make: simply cook off the ground beef and mix all ingredients together in a crock pot. Set on low to medium heat and enjoy with tortillas or your favorite dipping chips!!
2. Simple stuffed mushrooms or peppers
What you need:
- 1 lb ground sausage - (I use hot sausage for extra kick but if you prefer a more mild taste try using meatball mix)
- 1 12oz package shredded mozzarella cheese (or try your favorite cheese)
- 1 egg
- Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup cooking wine or sherry
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- Garlic powder to taste (I love garlic so I use a lot)
- 2-3 dozen fresh cherry peppers, large mushrooms, jalapenos or long hots (for stuffing)
First cook sausage or meatball mix until done
Next add all ingredients (except for peppers & mushrooms of course) into a food processor and blend well.
Then add the mix to your hollowed-out mushrooms, peppers etc. ( I use a piping bag, but you can just as easily spoon the mixture into the peppers and mushrooms)
Finally, pop them in the oven and bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
WARNING: THESE GO EXTREMELY FAST!!!
There you have it, two simple recipes that are sure to make you the MVP at your Super Bowl party for years to come!
Let us know if you decide to try these recipes and don't forget to send pictures to our Facebook page.
Happy Super Bowl!