Garden Hose Water Warning After Baby Suffers Severe Burns
Using a garden hose to cool off during the heat wave hitting central New York can be refreshing but it can also be dangerous, possibly causing severe burns.
A garden hose exposed to direct sunlight during summer can heat the water inside the hose (not flowing) to 130-140 degrees which can cause burns especially to children & animals.
Las Vegas Fire & Rescue shared the warning on Twitter after a child suffered severe burns from water out of a hot hose. We may not get as hot as Vegas, but it's a good reminder with the near record temperatures in New York.
To avoid severe burns, you should to let the water flow a few minutes to cool before spraying on people or animals.
Listen to Tad & Polly in The Morning from 6AM to 9AM on Big Frog 104. Stream us live, listen on any Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or on the Big Frog 104 app.