Kaylin’s Take: My Resolutions For 2021
2020 has been an insane year for everyone. We've been forced into new comfort zones, we've been forced to keep a distain from the people we love, we've been forced into a term that I hate. The "new normal."
I will admit, I had a feeling 2020 would be a bad year. It started, for me, with my grandfather in the hospital and no one knew what his fate was. He's stuck in isolation now, trying to keep himself safe from the virus.
Regardless of what happened this year, I feel like 2021 can be a new start for us. I know that we talk about this every year, but for as awful of a year that 2020 was, why not do what YOU can to make the best of it?
For the first time in my life, I sat down and literally wrote out some goals I have for myself this year. In years past, I've kind of just kept them in the back of my head, but I wanted to write them down to hold myself accountable.
I encourage you to write yours down with me. Research in the past has shown that writing things down enables a higher level of thinking, and therefore, more focused action. This will help you accomplish your goals more effectively.
Here are my resolutions for 2021. Some are related to my health, some related to my finances, some related to work.
My Resolutions for 2021
- Stop spending so much money. Start saving more.
- Lose the quarantine weight I put on.
- Get back and stay on a meal plan.
- Be active 4-5 days a week for at least a half hour.
- Be more proactive about my skincare routine.
- Spend more time with my family.
- Cook more. Eat out less.
- Make TSM Top 10 more than 5 times.
- Start saving audio more regularly.
- Finish the book series I started in 2020.
- Sign up as a voiceover talent and book a gig.
- Set up home studio in full.
- Invest in more stock.
Do you have resolutions for the 2021? What are they? Feel free to chat with me about them inside our station app, and let's hold each other accountable!
LOOK: Just some of the photos that capture the historic year that was 2020