New App Prevents Teens From Texting and Driving
Parents and Guardians can only do so much when it comes to preventing their teens from texting and driving. You can say "Don't text and drive" until you're blue in the face, but if you're not in the vehicle with them you really can't do anything to stop them. That is until now!
There is a new app on the market called 'Drive Alert.' This app may be a little pricy, but no amount of money can bring back a child who has been killed in a distracted driving accident. Here are some of the services this device/app provide:
- Launches whenever the vehicle is moving.
- Automatically sends incoming calls to voice mail.
- Sends custom auto-reply to all incoming texts.
- Holds all texts until vehicle stops.
- Allows 911 and other designated emergency calls.
- Allows driver to be located at the push of a button.
- Parents can set speed limit alerts.
This app will also help pick up on 'Sexting' terms and helps pick up keywords for drugs, alcohol, and bullying to keep your son or daughter safe off the road as well.
Now some parents may argue this program is a little too intrusive, however some feel it's the best way to keep their child safe. Regardless of what your opinion is of this app, it's important that something is done about the ongoing problem of distracted driving. In this country there is a distracted driving accident every 33 seconds. Nobody wants their child to be next.