NWS Issues Another Winter Weather Advisory For Parts of CNY
The National Weather Service has announced yet another winter weather advisory for different parts of Central New York, shocker.
Expect multiple more inches of snow - with reduced visibility and high winds.
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST THURSDAY...
* WHAT...Lake effect snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 4
to 7 inches expected north of the Thruway. 1 to 3 inches
possible in far southern Oneida county.
* WHERE...Southern Oneida county.
* WHEN...Until 10 AM EST Thursday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Travel could be very difficult. Areas of
blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility. The
hazardous conditions could impact the morning commute.
...A SNOW SQUALL WILL AFFECT SOUTHEASTERN ONEIDA...NORTHEASTERN OTSEGO AND SOUTHEASTERN MADISON COUNTIES... At 443 PM EST, a snow squall was located over Pecksport, or over Hamilton, moving east at 50 mph. Winds in excess of 30 mph are possible with this squall. This squall can produce a quick inch of snow in spots. Locations impacted include... Eaton, Paris, Hamilton, Brookfield, Morrisville, Stockbridge, Augusta, Waterville, Springfield and Lebanon. Use extra caution if you must travel into or through this dangerous snow squall. Rapid changes in visibility and potentially slick roads are likely to lead to accidents. Consider delaying travel until the squall passes your location.
Take us everywhere you go with our new App. Listen live with all of your favorite shows with fewer commercials. The new app lets you call, message or tweet at us anytime or send us photos and videos. The app also gives you the ability to receive notifications about breaking news, weather alerts, traffic advisories and school closings happening in and around Central New York.
Winter Weather Preparation:
- Keep your cell phone charged and make sure you know where your backup power supply is.
- Make sure all your flashlights have fresh batteries.
- Fill your gas tank. You can use your car to keep warm and recharge devices.
- Have some food available that you don’t need to cook.
- Download the Lite 98.7 App. You’ll receive local alerts, weather reports and more with push notifications.