Set To Reopen, Sangertown Issues Safety Protocols
Set to reopen for the first time since mid-March, Sangertown Square in New Hartford will have new protocols in place for its tenants and employees as they welcome shoppers back.
Sangertown Square opens at 11:00 a.m. Friday. Daily hours will be 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m Monday through Saturday and 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. on Sundays.
Not only Sangertown have enhanced HVAC filtration in place - a system capable of filtering out coronavirus particles, a requirement to open from New York State - but guests will find several sanitizing stations throughout the mall, and digital directories to inform shoppers of store locations.
According to officials at Sangertown, here is a list of safety measures:
- Face Mask Requirement: Everyone visiting Sangertown Square will be required to wear a face mask before entering, in accordance with New York State and CDC guidelines.
- Social Distancing: All guests will be reminded to maintain social distancing and stay 6-feet apart with visual reminders placed throughout the center, along with new one-way directional signage to avoid contact with other guests.
- Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitizing: Sangertown Square has enhanced its cleaning and sanitizing of the common areas and numerous touch points, restrooms, seating areas, and food court. This includes using CDC-recommended disinfectants designated as effective against SARS-CoV-2 virus in accordance with or exceeding CDC sanitation guidelines.
- Enhancements to Air Circulation and Filtration: Enhancements have been made to increase air circulation, air filtration and fresh air intake to bolster the quality of air within the center – all meeting New York State standards.
- Proactive Touchless Disinfecting: Sangertown Square cleaning team will be utilizing new electrostatic sprayers, leveraging the same technology used to clean hospital rooms to sanitize its center using an approved disinfectant recommended by the CDC.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations: New hand sanitizer stations will be available at:
- o Digital directories throughout the property
- o Food court areas
- o Elevators and escalators
- o Throughout the common area
- · Curbside Pickup: Guests are encouraged to take advantage of our additional parking spaces at various center entrances designated for curbside pickup from your favorite brands. The main curbside pickup location is located between Dick’s Sporting Goods and Macy’s.
- · Daily Health Screenings for Sangertown Square employees, security personnel, housekeeping employees and all contractors returning.
Shoppers are also asked to only pick up or touch items they intend to purchase as another way to stop the spread of the virus.