Top Central New York Spots to Celebrate on National Doughnut Day
There seems to be a bit of a conflict with National Doughnut Day. Apparently, there are TWO OF THEM.
National Doughnut Day is the first Friday in June AND National Doughnut Day is November 5th. So sayeth the folks at NationalDayCalendar.com, where it is written that National Doughnut Day is celebrated TWICE each year--with no real explanation as to why the double-dip. Not that there's anything wrong with that. That just means we win twice annually. So, in no particular order, here are your best Central New York options on the SECOND National Doughnut Day of 2018:
- Daylight Donuts in New Hartford
- Dippin Donuts in New Hartford and Rome
- Glazed and Confused in Syracuse
- Dunn's Bakery in Canastota
- Schneider's Bakery in Cooperstown
- Dunkin Donuts (there are 10 in the Utica-Rome area, 10 in Syracuse, and a few others in between)
We told you in October about the best donuts in New York State, according to consumers and critics. If there are other great donut shops we're missing in Central New York, please let us know. Or, better yet, drop us off a sample, so we can try 'em.