Where CNY Kids Can Eat Free During the Coronavirus Pandemic
With schools closed, many Central New York kids won't have access to breakfast or lunch. Several restaurants and school districts are making sure that doesn't happen.
Kids can get a free meal at the following locations:
- Utica City Schools: FREE Grab & Go breakfast and free bagged lunch for all of its currently enrolled students during the school closing. Starting Tuesday, March 17, meals will be available for pick-up Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 12:00pm at the main entrance of each of the following locations:Proctor High School
Donovan Middle School
John F. Kennedy Middle School
General Herkimer Elementary
John F. Hughes Elementary
Hugh R. Jones Elementary
Martin Luther King Elementary
Watson Williams Elementary
- Babe's at Harbor Point and 72 Tavern: any child under the age of 12 is able to receive a free meal off the kids menu at 72 Tavern or Babe’s during lunch or dinner, takeout or dine-in, seven days a week. Call and place your order:
72 Tavern: 315-801-7272
- Slice Pizzeria: Any hungry school age child can receive a free slice of pizza all day long and we will also be happy to bring the slice out to the child in the car of a guardian. This offer is good all day long, every day. Open from 11am-9pm.
- The Pizza Box: Giving a free slice of pizza to school age students. This will take place from 12:00pm-1:30pm. The free slices will be given to the kids out the back. They will be to-go only.
- La Famiglia Bossone Sausage & Meat Co.: Will provide fried meatballs to any Utica student who needs a meal or snack! Open Wednesday thru Sunday.
- The Spot: offering a free meal to any school age child that may be in need during the closures.
- Jonny's Pizza: Offering a free slice of cheese pizza and a fountain beverage to any school age child from 11am to 1pm everyday until school is back in session.
- Wisk Baking Company: Wisk will be offering free meals to any children affected by this outbreak. Simply come in and pick any item from our kids menu.
- The Hub Eatery: Will give free kids meal between 11am - 2pm
- DeSalvo's Catering and Restaurant: Until supplies last they will have hotdogs and fry meals for kids currently going without, free of charge. Call the restaurant for details and we can set you up with that meal to go. (315) 533-6857
- Seymour's Diner: From now until April 14 (or later if it's extended) Monday-Friday children in the community will eat free with NO questions asked.
- Franco's Pizza: Pick-up spot for bag lunches, in conjunction with Wisk Baking Company
- Central Valley School: Central Valley students can pick up free lunch, the next day's breakfast, and milk Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-noon at the CVA main loop and the Fisher Front entrance. There are several other spots - get the details on their website HERE.
- O'Baby's Gourmet Sandwich Shop: Free beverage and a slice of pizza every day from 11am - 2pm
- New Hartford Central Schools: Will provide free grab-and-go lunches for all
students. Lunches will be available at designated pick up points at Myles Elementary School and New Hartford Senior High School each week day from 11:00 a.m. until noon.
- Mangia Macrina: School age kids will receive a free Bambino pizza 11-2pm from now until Easter
- Luigi's Pizzeria: Any student on the school lunch program can come to Luigi's on Water Street in Boonville from 11AM-1PM weekdays to get a free slice of Pizza or a Sandwich AND a drink.
- Poppy's Place: a free sandwich, chips and milk from 11-1 Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for those kids to help the families and children. Sorry we are closed on Tuesday.
If you have any location to add to this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org