Volunteer and Show Your Love of NYS Parks
Central New York is known for its generous, volunteering spirit. And its also known for its love for the great parks all over the state. Once again this year, Governor Cuomo is asking New Yorkers to help out for the 6th annual "I Love My Park Day".
You can sign up to volunteer at one of several Central New York parks that are participating in the event on May 6, 2017 -
- Oriskany Battlefield State Historic Site (10am-1pm)
- Fort Stanwix National Monument (10am-1pm)
- Delta Lake State Park (10am-12pm)
- Pixley Falls State Park (10am-12pm)
- Rome Sand Plains (10am-1pm)
- Old Erie Canal State Park, Oneida (9am-11am)
- Verona Beach State Park (9am-12pm)
- Glimmerglass State Park (9am-1pm)
There are lots of other parks in our area that are participating. View the full list on Google maps.
Sure, these parks are staffed with people who work year round keeping them accessible to us. But they could use our help, especially this time of year. And it really is a great way to get your family out and enjoying all that our region has to offer. You can view photos from past "I Love My Park Day" events in this Google photo gallery.