Five Things My Parents Did That Could Get Them In Serious Trouble Today
Don't get me wrong, I love my parents dearly, and they did a pretty darn good job raising 3 boys during the tough economic times of the 70s. Inspired by something I saw from ABC News, here a few things my parents did back then that could get them in serious trouble today.
5) Taking photos of you in the tub naked. Do you recall the time parents took a roll of film to Walmart with a similar picture (below) and they endured all kinds of trouble? I think mom lost her job over that.
4) Leaving the kids in the car. My father would "be back in a minute" and leave us three boys in the car's back seat to fend for ourselves. It would quickly turn into a fist fight and a mild case of heat exhaustion.
3) Riding bicycles without a helmet. I recall the time I flipped off my bike and ended up with a goose egg on my forehead. It's hard to believe that it took so long for society to require helmets when bike riding.
2) Riding in the car without a seat belt. Once as a little boy I flew face first into the headrest of the front seat when mom slammed on the breaks. The bloody lip could of been prevented if I was wearing a seat belt.
1) Leaving us kids home alone. My parents left us boys home alone for a week when we were in our early teens and my older brother threw the biggest house party I've ever attended in my life. My parent's car was stolen, alcohol was consumed by many under age kids and portions of the house were somewhat trashed. Today, lawsuits are being filed.
I'm surprised we didn't end up in foster care. Today, kids actually have been placed in foster care after such offenses have been committed by modern parents.
Feel free to comment with about something I may have missed and, happy parenting.